Functional Medicine is a systems biology approach to addressing the underlying or "root" causes of disease. One premise is active engagment of the practitioner in the therapeutic partnership. Considered a patient oriented approach to healthcare, functional medicine practitioners spend more time with their patients than traditional healthcare practitioners. Dr. As a nutritionist, Dr. Dee specializes in a full, lifestyle approach to both assessment and client plans.
Dr. Dee's approach enhances the vibrant health potential of each individual client. She encourages clients to actively engage in developing their lifestyle plans to be sure that all clients can make the changes they desire to reach their health outcomes.
Functional Medicine is based upon 6 Core Principles:
1. IT'S PERSONALIZED: All clients are viewed individually. All humans have biochemical individualities which means different genetics, lifestyle influences and physiology. Growing up near a chemical plant vs growing up in the mountains may be affecting a client's ability to reach vibrancy. All symptoms are clues which help Dr. Dee unravel each client's unique health story.
2. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL: A functional approach to health includes the idea that the patient-practitioner relationship is at the heart of each client plan. Looking at health from a client-centered perspective offers an individualized vs disease centered outcome.
3. DYNAMIC BALANCE: Functional medicine practitioners seek to establish a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors affecting each client. At the heart of each plan is attention to the external body, mind and spirit. Dr. Dee helps clients to make connections on a deep level.
4. RESPECT FOR THE INTERCONNECTION OF PHYSIOLGY: Dr. Dee evaluates all client symptoms to try to find the root cause of the problem. Understanding and respecting the interconnection of all systems and how symptoms overlap these systems allows for a personalized and effective plan to be created.
5. VIBRANCY: The absence of disease does not indicate health. Patient plans are designed to promote positive vitality or a vigorous physiology.
6. ORGAN RESERVE: Functional medicine seeks to enhance the healthspan vs the lifespan. What does this mean? It means that Dr. Dee helps patients to reverse disease and build up their systems with a goal of healthier-not just longer- lifes.
Copyright © 2019 DrDeeNutrition - All Rights Reserved.
This website is not intended for the purpose of providing medical advice. All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis and or/medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder