Functional Medicine is a systems biology approach to addressing the underlying or "root" causes of disease. One premise is active engagment of the practitioner in the therapeutic partnership. Considered a patient oriented approach to healthcare, functional medicine practitioners spend more time with their patients than traditional healthcare practitioners. Dr. Dee specializes in a full, lifestyle approach to both assessment and client plans.
Dr. Dee's approach enhances the vibrant health potential of each individual client. She encourages clients to actively engage in developing their lifestyle plans to be sure that all clients can make the changes they desire to reach their health outcomes.
Functional Medicine is based upon 6 Core Principles:
1. IT'S PERSONALIZED: All clients are viewed individually. All humans have biochemical individualities which means different genetics, lifestyle influences and physiology. Growing up near a chemical plant vs growing up in the mountains may be affecting a client's ability to reach vibrancy. All symptoms are clues which help Dr. Dee unravel each client's unique health story.
2. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL: A functional approach to health includes the idea that the patient-practitioner relationship is at the heart of each client plan. Looking at health from a client-centered perspective offers an individualized vs disease centered outcome.
3. DYNAMIC BALANCE: Functional medicine practitioners seek to establish a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors affecting each client. At the heart of each plan is attention to the external body, mind and spirit. Dr. Dee helps clients to make connections on a deep level.
4. RESPECT FOR THE INTERCONNECTION OF PHYSIOLGY: Dr. Dee evaluates all client symptoms to try to find the root cause of the problem. Understanding and respecting the interconnection of all systems and how symptoms overlap these systems allows for a personalized and effective plan to be created.
5. VIBRANCY: The absence of disease does not indicate health. Patient plans are designed to promote positive vitality or a vigorous physiology.
6. ORGAN RESERVE: Functional medicine seeks to enhance the healthspan vs the lifespan. What does this mean? It means that Dr. Dee helps patients to reverse disease and build up their systems with a goal of healthier-not just longer- lifes.
Virtual Education Sessions
Group Education Classes
Corporate Lunch and Learns
All services personalized!
Call today for a phone consultation to determine if Dr. Dee is a good fit to lead you to optimal health. At your first nutrition counseling visit, she will thoroughly discuss your goals, habits and challenges using a functional medicine rubric, before devising a personalized plan for you.
Dr. Dee is a nationally recognized expert and sought after speaker. Her primary focus is culinary and functional nutrition. She has preset talks from 30 mins to 2 hours in duration or can create a presentation to "wow" your crowd. If you have a kitchen, she can integrate a culinary demonstration. She speaks to academics, physicians, dietitians as well as to local scale groups like high-school athletes, teams or church groups. Dr. Dee will strive to make an authentic and personal connection to your group- large or small. Her style is conversation with factual density.
Dr. Dee has created university curricula at the undergraduate and graduate levels including degree and program development and specific course development. She is familiar with ACEND and SACS criteria and has helped design data gathering and storage systems at the university level. She has worked with restaurants on concepts and menus. She has an extensive background in non-profit leadership including conference planning, program development and fundraising. As a PhD Registered Dietitian with advanced certification in functional medicine, her programming ideas lead the field.
Copyright © 2019 DrDeeNutrition - All Rights Reserved.
This website is not intended for the purpose of providing medical advice. All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis and or/medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder